In this article, we will discuss how to create a new form by performing a lookup into the existing table inside the Joget database. If the existing table has a sizeable number of fields (ie. 50 fields), it would take some time to drag and drop each and every form element into a new form.
- Key in the custom table name into the text field.
- Click Generate
Figure 1: Screenshot Showing Form Definition Generated from the Custom Table Name
- With the form definition generated, copy its content.
- Create a new form or open any existing form.
Figure 2: Create New Form
- In the form builder, go to Form Builder > Advanced Tools > JSON Definition, paste the definition earlier, then click Update.
Figure 3: Paste JSON Definition of the Form into Form Builder
- Verify the form design, then click Save.
Figure 4: Form Design from the Generate JSON Definition.