Come join us on November 27-29, 2018 at the Gartner Application Strategies & Solutions Summit 2018 in Las Vegas, USA.
- Deadlines act as a timer which triggers an exception transition to another activity when a specified duration has elapsed. Deadlines can be set for each activity.
- We set time limits on each activity, which will trigger an exception (in this case, a specific string variable). When a matching transition that has the condition set to 'exception' matches this string value, the transition will be invoked.
Types of Deadlines
- Deadline execution can be synchronous or asynchronous.
- For synchronous execution, the current activity will no longer be active when the deadline is triggered. This is used in cases such as an approval escalation.
- For asynchronous execution, the next activity will be executed while the current activity is still waiting. This is used in cases such as sending reminders.
- Multiple deadlines are supported for each activity.