You will only need to do this if you are using MySQL, as other databases already default to "READ-COMMITTED".
Run the following queries in MySQL.
SET GLOBAL tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED';
SET SESSION tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED';
You will also need to set the following in your
transaction-isolation = READ-COMMITTED
The easiest way to see how the ID Generator Field works are to use the existing built-in App Expenses Claims. Here are the steps:
- Start the Joget Server and open the App Center.
- Log in as admin and click on the pencil icon on the Expenses Claim to open the Design App. (see Figure 1)
- Under FORMS column, click on Expense Claim New (see Figure 2)
- Hover the mouse over the ID Generator Field element on the canvas and click on Edit to open up the Edit ID Generator Field properties. (see Figure 3)
- Take note of the Format
- To see it working, head back to the Design App and click the Launch button in the Userview column.
- Click on Create a New Expense Claim button on the Dashboard, fill up the necessary details and click Continue Next Screen button.
- Click on Save As Draft button.
- Go to My Expenses on the menu to the left and click on My Inbox. Here you can see the ID generator has generated a 4 digit running number (as defined in the Format field in steps 4 & 5) under the # column. (see Figure 4)
ID Generator Field Properties
Edit ID Generator Field
Element ID (By declaring as "ref", a corresponding database table column "c_ref" will be created)
Please see Form Element
for more information about defining the ID and list of reserved IDs.
|title||Note when using this element when the form is part of a workflow process|
Do not set the id as "id" when the form is used as part of a workflow process. The value generated by this element will not be associated with the process instance's ID.
|Label||Element Label to be displayed to the end-user.|
|Environment Variable Name|
Name of the environment variable to be used to keep the running number.
Determines the pattern of the generated value (e.g., "REF-?????" will yield "REF-00001")
Determines if the element should be made visible in the form.
If the form is part of a workflow process, upon saving of the form (by clicking on "Save as Draft" or "Complete" button). The value in this input field will be saved into the corresponding workflow variable named here.
|title||Using a non-existent Workflow Variable name|
You will get the following warning with the name printed out (e.g. status) in the server log if you attempt to map to a non-existent Workflow Variable.
| Code Block|
context attribute status does not exist in process context - adding new attributes to the process context is not allowed