Follow the instructions up to Step 2, as documented in Configure for MS SQL Server 2005. Then, we will need to enable the listener port necessary for Joget to establish a connection to.
Step 3: Enabling TCP/IP on Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Figure 1: Sql Server Configuration Manager
- Enable named pipes and TCP/IP.
- Open up TCP/IP Properties.
Figure 2: IP2 - TCP/IP Properties Under Protocols for SQLEXPRESS
- Right-click on TCP/IP and select Properties.
- Go to IP2, set your local IP Address in IP Address.
- Remove TCP Dynamic Ports value.
Figure 3: IPALL - TCP/IP Properties Under Protocols for SQLEXPRESS
- Go to IPAll.
- Empty TCP Dynamic Ports value.
- Set TCP Port value to 1433.
Figure 4: Restart SQL Server Service for changes to take effect
- Restart the server for the changes to take effect.
Figure 5: Verify the listening port using command prompt
- Verify that the listener is working through command prompt by executing netstat -ao.
Figure 6: Verify instance based on the PID
- Check on which process instance is listening to the port by executing tasklist /fi "pid eq 4488".