Joget DX 8 Stable Released
The stable release for Joget DX 8 is now available, with a focus on UX and Governance.
1) Navigate to the app design page. We will use the Expenses Claims app as an example.
3) Under the "Manage App Version" tab, locate the "New Version" button to create a new version of the app.
4) After you click on the "New Version" button, a pop-up dialog will prompt you to confirm that you want to create a new version of the app.
Click on "OK" to proceed to create a new version.
5) After a new version of the app has been created, you will be redirected to the app design page of the new but unpublished version of the app.
You can see that "Version 2" of the Expenses Claims App has been created.
From the screenshot, you can see that the app is still not published as indicated by the label "Not Published". At this point, your users are still using the old version until you publish this new version.
Now, click on the "Not Published" label.
6) After you click on the label, the "Manage App Version" pop-up window will reappear. Select "Version 2" and click on the "Publish" button to publish the new version.
7) When the new version is published, you will be redirect to the following screen.
Now the "Version 2 - Not Published" has been updated to "Version 2 - Published".
8) Click on the "Published" button to access the "Manage App Version" screen at any time. You will be able to roll-back to the older version if you like to. Just select the previous version you prefer and click on "Publish".
We would like to advice users to create a new app version when they would like to make changes to their app that is already rolled out to production.
This would also ensure that existing process instances will continue to run without being affected by your uncommitted/incomplete development work.