Joget DX 8 Stable Released
The stable release for Joget DX 8 is now available, with a focus on UX and Governance.
The Joget Mobile App allows for simpler access to Joget servers while providing mobile features such as push notifications. By creating multiple profiles, you will be able to access multiple Joget web apps from different locations.
1. When the app is launched for the first time, you will see a profile creation form after the splash screen. Key in the details of your Joget server:
Any descriptive name for easy recognition e.g. Demo, Production, etc.
Server or Userview URL
URL to the Joget installation e.g. mydomain.com, https://mydomain.com/jw, etc.
Joget login username
Joget login password
If this option is unchecked, you will be prompted for the password every time.
2. Once a profile is configured, click on Login to connect to the Joget server. You will be brought to the App Center showing your mobile-enabled apps.
3. Clicking on the Home icon in the top left corner will bring you back to the main profiles page.
4. Here, you can select any of your profiles from the drop-down list, and click on Login to connect to that profile.
5. You can also add more profiles by clicking on the (+) button, or remove the current profile by clicking on the ( - ) button.
The Joget Mobile App supports push notifications for both Android and iOS devices.
To do so, install the Mobile Push Notification Plugin into your Joget server.
This plugin sends a push notification whenever a user receives a new pending task assignment. It is quite similar to the User Notification Plugin for Joget PWA, except that this one sends mobile push messages to Joget Mobile App users instead.
2. Install the plugin into your Joget installation.
3. In the "Design App" page of the Joget app that you would like to send push notifications, click on the Set Plugin Default Properties button, and select the Mobile Push Notification Audit Trail plugin.
4. In the Plugin Configuration page, you just need to key in the Base URL to match your server domain or IP e.g. http://mydomain.com/jw or https://mydomain.com/jw, and leave the rest of the default property values. Click on Submit to save.
5. At this point, the configuration is complete. If a mobile device running the Joget Mobile App has a configured profile to this Joget server, it will receive a push notification whenever a new task assignment is created for the user.
1. On the Joget app on HTTPS, go to Properties & Export and add the "Default User Notification" plugin. Do not check the "Disable Web Push Notifications" property (Don't enable).
2. On your Android mobile Chrome browser, go to "Settings" and allow notifications.
3. Open your mobile Chrome browser and log in as 'admin' to the Joget cloud site.
4. The browser will prompt you to allow "Joget URL wants to send you notifications", and click "Allow".
5. Log in to Joget on HTTPS and run a new task to submit a task to 'Admin'. On mobile, you need to log in as 'Admin' too.
6. Your mobile Chrome browser should buzz/ring that you have a new Joget notification.
7. Clicking on the notification will open the Joget app in your mobile Chrome browser.
The login as 'admin' is just an example, you can use any username. You do not need to use any other notification plugin except the default User Notification plugin in each app that you want to allow PWA notification.