Join us on May 14-15, 2019 at Forrester Digital Transformation & Innovation 2019 in Chicago, USA.
Upgrading to v4
For the Enterprise Edition, v4 requires re-activation with a new license, so users with an active Enterprise Software Subscription are required to request for a new license.
As with any upgrade, it is strongly recommended that you test the upgrade on a development or test environment first. Please perform backup of your files and perform the necessary tests after the upgrade.
- Depending on platform, download either the v4 Windows ZIP or Linux GZIP bundle
- Extract the bundle, and locate the jw.war and jwdesigner.war files in apache-tomcat-x.x.x/webapps folder.
- Backup the existing v3 installation data (Please refer to Joget Workflow Deployment Best Practices)
- Stop Tomcat
- Delete the existing jw and jwdesigner directories in the current Tomcat webapps directory.
- Copy the new v4's jw.war and jwdesigner.war files in the Tomcat webapps directory.
- Delete the current Tomcat work directory work/Catalina/localhost directory
- Start Tomcat
Running v4 alongside with v3
It is possible to test run v4 in conjunction with v3. To do this:
- Rename the new jw.war to jw4.war and copy it to the Apache Tomcat webapps directory "[Joget v3 Installation Directory]/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps".
- Once the war file has finished deploying, you can then access v4 at http://localhost:8080/jw4