Come join us on November 27-29, 2018 at the Gartner Application Strategies & Solutions Summit 2018 in Las Vegas, USA.
Compatibility: It is strongly recommended that you test the upgrade on a development or test environment first. Please backup your files and perform the necessary tests after the upgrade. If you are upgrading from v3, please note that there have been security hardening changes since v4 so please refer to v4 Compatibility.
Licensing: For the Enterprise Edition, upgrades between major versions (e.g. v4 to v5) requires re-activation with a new license, so users with an active Enterprise Software Subscription are required to request for a new license.
- Locate the new jw.war and jwdesigner.war files from either the:
- Stop Apache Tomcat / Joget.
- Backup the existing installation data (Please refer to Joget Workflow Deployment Best Practices)
Delete the existing jw.war, jwdesigner.war, jw and jwdesigner directories in "[Joget Installation Directory]/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/webapps":
- Delete the Apache Tomcat working directories i.e. the "jw" and "jwdesigner" directories in "[Joget Installation Directory]/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/work/Catalina/localhost".
- Copy the new jw.war and jwdesigner.war files into the Apache Tomcat webapps directory "[Joget Installation Directory]/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/webapps".
- Start Apache Tomcat / Joget