Come join us on November 27-29, 2018 at the Gartner Application Strategies & Solutions Summit 2018 in Las Vegas, USA.
Joget Workflow v6 boasts new features and capabilities that appeal to both new and existing users. Check out What is New in Joget Workflow v6 to find out more before performing the upgrade.
General Upgrade Flow
Compatibility: It is strongly recommended that you test the upgrade on a development or test environment first. If you are upgrading from v3, please note that there have been security hardening changes since v4 so please refer to v4 Compatibility.
Licensing: For the Enterprise Edition, upgrades between major versions (e.g. v5 to v6) requires re-activation with a new license, so users with an active Enterprise Software Subscription are required to request for a new license.
- Prepare a test server that mimics the production server as close as possible in all possible aspects (e.g. user setup, networking environment, cpu/memory capabilities, database) without cloning the production's database server. Start with a fresh new database.
- Once you are ready with the test server, you may try to start with a fresh database without the data but just the Apps loaded in. Run through all the functionalities of your Apps to see if everything works as expected.
- If Step 2 goes well, you may then try to clone the existing production database to see how your Apps fare with the existing production data. Run through all the functionalities of your Apps again to see if everything works as expected.
- If you have integrated Joget Workflow with other solutions, you will also need to test them accordingly.
- When you are ready, please continue to the next step.
Performing a Backup
Please backup your files and perform the necessary tests after the upgrade. If you are upgrading from v3, please note that there have been security hardening changes since v4 so please refer to v4 Compatibility .
Updating Joget Workflow
Do not upgrade directly in a production server without prior testing.
Note on Upgrading on Joget Workflow v5 to v6
Although in default bundle of Joget Workflow v6, it is shipped together with Apache Tomcat 8.5 and Java 8, it is possible for one to run Joget Workflow v6 in Joget Workflow v5's bundle of Apache Tomcat 8 and Java 7. It is recommended to use the newer version as it offers better performance and bug fixes.
- Locate the new jw.war and jwdesigner.war files from either the:
- Stop Apache Tomcat / Joget.
- Backup the existing installation data (Please refer to Joget Workflow Deployment Best Practices)
- Delete the existing jw.war, jwdesigner.war, jw and jwdesigner directories in "[Joget Installation Directory]/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/webapps".
- Delete the Apache Tomcat working directories i.e. the "jw" and "jwdesigner" directories in "[Joget Installation Directory]/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/work/Catalina/localhost".
- Copy the new jw.war and jwdesigner.war files into the Apache Tomcat webapps directory "[Joget Installation Directory]/apache-tomcat-x.x.x/webapps".
- Start Apache Tomcat / Joget Workflow.