This is a demo to show integration with Joget and ABBYABBYY. In this demo, we will be performing the following steps with the reference to the documentation https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017326279-How-to-work-with-Cloud-OCR-SDK.
- Upload a file from Joget to ABBY ABBYY using ABBYABBYY's "processImage" method.
- Perform a call from Joget to ABBY ABBYY using ABBYABBYY's "getTaskStatus" method to retrieve the task status of the previous call.
- Perform a call from Joget to ABBY ABBYY to retrieve the processed file, using path retrieved in the previous step. This is the result of processImage in step 1.
Setting Up Demo App
- Prepare the following:-
- ABBY ABBYY Application ID (example: c80764b7-94f4-aaaa),
- ABBY ABBYY Application Password (example: Rad#sfewfwc/5), and
The parameters can be found in the dashboard of your account.
- Using the values above, we can compute the basic auth header (Authorization) value too. (example: Basic Yzg2wNzvY034aYjvc5tOTvR556m)
- Obtain and install the plugins listed in this article.
- Import the attached Joget app in this article into your copy of Joget.
- Navigate to Properties and Export and set the value into variable auth prepared in step 2.
- Publish the app by clicling to "Version 1" on top left. Select version 1 and publish.
- Launch the app.
- We are now ready to run the demo.
- Click "New" button, key in a title, and upload the document to be sent for OCR.
Submitting the form will trigger the first API to ABBY ABBYY - https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017269680-processImage-Method
- Once submitted, we will be redirected to the listing. Upon successful call of the API, a task ID will be assigned to the document.
Click on "Step 2 - Fetch" to retrieve the task result. This will make a call to https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017269860-getTaskStatus-Method
- The result URL column will then be populated.
We can then click on "Step 3 - Download" to download the processed file / result.
- We can click on the link in "Downloaded" column to download the processed file / result.