Join us on May 14-15, 2019 at Forrester Digital Transformation & Innovation 2019 in Chicago, USA.
Counter Increment Tool is used to increase a workflow variable or an environment variable within a workflow. This can be handy for activities such as loops. To use this tool correctly you will need to place it within a loop in your workflow (a transition out of the tool, and later a transition that passes back into the tool).
Figure 1: Counter Increment Tool Plugin Configuration
The following configuration options are available:
- Type - Select 'Workflow Variable' or 'Environment Variable'. You can increment either type using this tool.
- Variable Name - Enter the name of the workflow variable or environment variable that you wish to increment.
- Initial Counter Value - Enter the value that the variable should initially be set to. Note: If the variable already has a value when this tool is executed for the first time, that value will be overwritten.
- Increment Value - The amount that will be added to the variable each time this tool is called in your workflow.
- Reset when value exceeded - Optionally enter a threshold value after which the counter will be reset to the 'Initial Counter Value'.